Monday, November 26, 2012

Leaving on a jet plane


It's my first time in an A360 and I have to say I'm not unimpressed. This thing is massive, to be honest I'm surprised that it doesn't have it's own area code.
We were lucky enough to be able to choose our own seats and of course my eyes searched in vain for seats on the emergency exit row which, of course where all already taken. We settled for the last row on the right hand side of our monster transporter. There were a couple of reasons for this; the first and for anyone who's ever spent more than half an hour with me, the most obvious...it's really close to the toilets! The second was a bit more of a gamble but I figured that as there were only three seats, there might be a chance that no one would choose the solitary seat to our left. I put all of our collective chips on 62 J and K and as chance would have it we were able to claim all 3 seats as our own.

Every cloud has a silver lining they say, but clouds themselves are usually there for one of two things, to block the sun or to rain on your parade - and the very loud German man located about a kilometer away from us is trying very hard to make sure that not only our parade sees moisture but the passengers in the rows in front of us also look like they are about to reach for their umbrellas...

As far as airline food goes, lunch wasn't too bad. It would seem that Lady Luck, although on our side so far has a sense of humor...Today is the 25th of November...... and on this very day in 1995 I left home and headed for the land of cheese and chocolate. On the way to the airport I promised myself something...Not, I will save my pennies for a rainy day or anything quite so profound..... But, I will never eat mashed potatoes ever again... (Childhood trauma... Don't ask ) So I'm offering 10 free points to anyone who can guess what was on the menu... "Yes, you in the back with the red hoodie"... "Speak up please I can't hear you over the German guy"... "Correct MASHED BLOODY POTATOES..."
Everything else was great and even if the gingerbread cake didn't put visions of sugar plum fairies in my head the couple of glasses of red wine that I needed to wash it down, will probably do so soon.

Time to start flipping through the entertainment choices, of which there are many. My love
of the Cape Crusader will most likely win but a Big Bang Theory marathon to send me into the land of nod also has its appeals (Sheldon for president).

2 comments:

  1. love love love that you are blogging your trip... love love love you also xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also enjoying your writing ... and hope to catch up while you are in NZ - Veronich

    ReplyDelete